Thể thao là chủ đề thường gặp trong cả 2 phần thi IELTS Speaking và Writing. Việc nắm chắc từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Sport sẽ giúp bạn dễ dàng vượt ải với điểm số mong muốn. Dưới đây là bộ từ vựng siêu “ăn điểm” về chủ đề này, hi vọng sẽ giúp ích cho bạn trong việc học và thi IELTS.
I. Từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Sport
- an athletics meeting: an event where various athletics sports are held: sự kiện thể thao
- an athletics track: a running track: đường đua thi đấu
- an away game: a football match played in the opposing teams stadium: trận đấu trên sân khách
- a brisk walk: a fast walk: bộ môn đi bộ nhanh
- to do judo: tập bộ môn Judo
- a football fan: someone who likes football: người hâm mộ bóng đá
- a fitness programme: a schedule of activities to keep fit: chương trình thể dục
- a football match: a game of football: trận bóng đá
- a football pitch: the surface on which you play football (as opposed to a stadium, which is the building): sân bóng đá
- a football season: a period in the year when football is played: mùa bóng đá
- to get into shape: to become fit: có dáng/thân hình chuẩn
- to go jogging: to run around the streets: đi bộ thể dục
- a home game: a football match played in the teams own stadium: Trận đấu bóng đá chơi trên sân nhà
- to keep fit: to stay in good physically condition: Giữ cơ thể khỏe mạnh
- to be out of condition: to not be physically fit: Không đủ sức khỏe cho các hoạt động thể thao
- a personal best: to achieve the best personal result so far in a sport: Kỷ lục cá nhân
- a personal trainer: a sports coach that helps you on a one-to-one basis: Huấn luyện viên cá nhân
- to play tennis/football: Chơi tennis/ chơi đá bóng
- to run the marathon: to run a distance of 42.195 Kilometres: Chạy marathon (đường chạy 42.195 km)
- a season ticket: a ticket that gives you entry to most of a team’s home games during the sporting year: Vé xem tất cả các trận đấu toàn mùa giải
- to set a record: to achieve the best result in a sport: Lập kỷ lục
- a sports centre: a public building where people can do various sports: Trung tâm thể thao
- sports facilities: the equipment and services needed to do a sport: Cơ sở hạ tầng và các thiết bị phục vụ cho việc luyện tập thể thao
- a squash/tennis/badminton court: the surface where you play these sports: Sân chơi squash/ tennis/ cầu lông
- strenuous exercise: exercise that needs a lot of physical effort: Bài luyện tập chuyên sâu
- a strong swimmer: a good swimmer: Người bơi giỏi
- a swimming pool: the place where you swim: Bể bơi
- to take up exercise: to start doing exercise: Bắt đầu luyện tập
- to train hard: to train with a lot of effort: khổ luyện
II. Từ vựng chủ đề Sport mô phỏng trong IELTS Speaking
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: Do you do any sports?
Loiuse: Not really … no … I always say I’m going to take up exercise and try to get into shape but I never seem to get started … I sometimes wonder whether I should get a personal trainer … someone who will sort out a fitness programme for me and make me train hard ….
Examiner: How do you spend a typical weekend?
Stella: I’m a big football fan and weekends always centre around a football match … I support FC Utrecht and have a season ticket so I go to most of the home games and quite a few of the away games too … I’m really looking forward to the new football season starting soon …
Examiner: Have you got any hobbies or interests?
Theo: Yes … I’m really keen on sports … I do judo once a week and play tennis in the summer … I think it’s really important to keep fit … it makes you feel good and energised for work and your studies ….
Part 2-style task
Describe a place you like going to in your leisure time. You should say:
- what this place is
- when you go there
- what you do there
and say why you enjoy it there so much.
Maurice: I’d like to talk about my local sports centre … it’s a place I spend a lot of time in … it’s a new building with all the latest sports facilities … I probably go there at least twice a week … sometimes more often … it’s a huge place … there’s an outdoor athletics track and some football pitches … I play football so I’m often out there … there are several indoor squash and tennis courts that I use occasionally … a big swimming pool … although I don’t use that very often … I’m not a very strong swimmer … there’s a gym … lots of things really … why do I enjoy going there … it’s just a really fun place to be … there’s a good social side to it all … you can enter competitions … meet up with other people who want to do the same sports … and because there are so many activities on offer it gets you interested in different things … for example I was listening to some people talking about training to run the marathon and I’ve decided I might even think about that … I go jogging a couple of times a week so it would give me something to aim for … so yes … the sports centre … that’s the place I really like to visit …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: Should people be encouraged more to take up sport?
Alejandro: I think young people should be given the chance to discover which sport they might like … watching sport is sometimes a good way to get people started … not on TV but actually getting out … take athletics for example … they could go to an athletics meeting … there are so many different sports on show one might interest them …
Examiner: Why do some people enjoy participating in sport more than others?
Florrie: That’s a good question … I suppose some people are more concerned about their health … they can’t stand the thought of being out of condition … other people might be driven to excel … they want to set records or get personal bests …
Examiner: Which sports do you think are best for people who aren’t used to physical activity?
Julie: Well … I think people like this should avoid strenuous exercise so things like circuit training are definitely out of the question … maybe just doing a brisk walk every day … or swimming is always a good way to get started …